Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Art History is Kicking my Butt

Today is the last day of the first week of my Art History class and I'm already feeling a bit overwhelmed.  There is a lot of reading for this class.  Reading the online lectures, reading the text book, reading the research I have to do on websites, and then reading the other student's assignments and commenting on them.  At least with that later part I really only have to read 2-3 other students work and then comment with something more than, "I agree, that's interesting."  My assignments are most of the time essays that have to be between 400-500 words.  That might not seem like much until you sit down to actually achieve it.

I thought I'd get in the habit of writing on my blog each night, but I've been staying up late doing homework instead, so I'm trying the morning approach.

Last night I went to Yoga and had a great experience.  I usually do.  I always feel cleansed, light, and ready to face the world again after going.  The biggest problem for me is...getting there.  Sometimes I have to drag myself in, kicking and screaming.  Why, if I like the results so much?  I'm not sure. Something about pulling myself out of the comfort of my warm home, no doubt.  And this is how it is for many people with the same and other subject matter.  We know what is good for us, but we resist doing it.  Are we afraid of failure?  Are we afraid of the change it will bring in our lives?  Change, especially within ourselves, does not come easy, but I've seen the positive results of it in my life and it is worth the trouble.  Now, if I could just muster up the strength and willpower to tackle that next mountain looming in the near distance.

No comments: