Sunday, February 21, 2010

Some Art work I created in my last class

This is a pastel drawing. I believe that history doesn't revolve in circles, but rather in spirals for each time history seems to start repeating itself a slightly different choice is made. Therefore history doesn't meet, forming a circle, it bi-passes and forms a spiral, hopefully in an upward fashion, indicating progress. For this assignment I was supposed to find a quote that fit into my concept and use pastels to create it. note: if you want to see the image bigger then click on it.
For this assignment I had to use watercolors to create an ad about a beach resort. My professor didn't think I could pull off this concept and thus cautioned me about proceeding with it, but I was undaunted and she was surprised at the outcome. ;-)This assignment involved creating a poster for an event, using acrylic paints. Since I'm so into astrology and have always wanted to attend a convention this is what I came up with. I've decided I'd like to redo it and reverse the colors, so that the red, orange, and yellows are the larger symbols.
This was probably the hardest assignment for me to come up with a concept for. I had to find an already printed article and then create a composition that articulated what was in the article. This was difficult for me because I wanted to do an article out of one of my crochet mags, but in doing that the concepts I came up with were to literal and more like drawing a how-to, not what impresses the professor. :-D So, the article I chose came out of Parents magazine and talked about how children are constantly finding small objects and shoving them up their noses, in their ears, and swallowing them. This composition used watercolors, pastels, and acrylics to achieve the overall look. This is another assignment that my professor tried to steer me in a different direction. I'm unsure of why she couldn't see how having the objects bigger than the baby was a sure sign of their perceived danger. Can you? Anyway, in the end I received another 'A' for this assignment as well.

No comments: