Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dressing Up!

Ok, so I've already known this for years, but in the past 4-5 years I have ignored the fact that dressing up makes me feel good! I used to wear make-up all of the time and dress in nice outfits that weren't really trendy but just me, MY style. And then slowly I stopped wearing makeup and eventually stopped dressing up as much, preferring to wash and go. No hastles. I believed I had become more aware of myself and what was truly me and I didn't need to use makeup and clothes as a crutch to feel confident.

I think I may have been wrong. Perhaps it was just a faze and I needed to go through it. All I know is that on Friday I knew I had to talk to my boss about something that was upsetting me about work and I wanted to feel confident so he couldn't guilt me into backing down. I decided to do my makeup and I added a little extra volume to my hair. OMG! I felt so hot that day and I could tell I wasn't the only one who thought so. :-D I talked to my boss, he was pissy, as usual, but I think he saw that I wasn't going to let him make me feel bad for what I had to say. Awesome!

Dressing up? Is it all in my head? Maybe...but I don't care! I think I'll be dressing up more often again. It's good for the soul!

No comments: